Monday, November 01, 2004

Holiday

I am so looking forward for a decent break. After finishing my 2nd degree in June and jumping straight to full time working, a distress 'signal' seems to be hitting on my mind lately. A nice one week gateaway would be lovely to escape from work and PERTH.
Mom rang me this afternoon saying that my whole family may be coming over for this coming Christmas holiday.Whoopie, that means I probably can do a short trip with family to Kalgoorlie (approx 500++ kms East of Perth).

On the other hand, I am looking for another new job in a private practice if possible. The private clinic which I am working doesn't give me much job satisfaction and seriously, I am learning 'inadequately'. Basically my objectives are not met after having to work there for more than half a year. No surgery clients, no inital consultation (prob like 2-3 so far) and only elderly folks for me.
Don't feel a sense of challenge going on. Moreover, still must wear uniforms. I must stress at this point that I am only working in a small private practice and not a large medical centre. I don't see the rationale of wearing uniforms. There are only 2 podiatrists there (boss and myself) where we don't work at the same time. And still, I got to wear this 'factory outlet lookalike' 3/4 sleeved working check dark blue shirt while receptionist wears a light blue check shirt. In fact, the colour tone doesn't make any difference to me. Such a waste of money. On the other hand, the clinic has this pressure mat to determine which part of your foot indicated the highest pressure. I am not sure how crucial is this piece of information is going to help in the diagnosis. I rather chose to record a person's gait and analyzes it over a slow motion mode. Hence, this will also be able to produce a general overview of the alignment of whole body. The hallway at the clinic isn't that fantastic either Hence, that makes it even harder to observe a person's gait at a lesser distance.

One sickening boss has been owning me some pay since August till now. Confronted by his secretary today that she will remind him again about the pay. She gave the 'excuses' that he is out of the country and so? That's none of my business and all i care is to pay my rent on time and not suffering from hunger. If I didn't get my cheque by this week, I am going to march into his clinic and demand for it. Shame on him being the president of xxx. Not going too much details but he just annoys me so much. All I can say is he is spoiling his own image or perhaps he doesn't even care for a small 'fry' like me. Thank goodness I didn't work for him for long or else I just have to live on maggie mee with an egg everyday.

Any ideas of getting back my pay are more than welcome on the tagboard.

No comments: